TOWN OF HUNTINGTON
WATER & SEWER DEPARTMENT
P. O. BOX 301
HUNTINGTON, MA 01050
MEETING – WEDNESDAY May 4, 2016
1. Meeting Call to Order
2. Reading of Minutes
3. Town Business
A. Old Business:
1. Prior Week Events
B. New Business:
1. Water tie-in Prospect Hill Rd. Resident
2. Update on Maple & Pleasant St.
4. Meeting Adjournment
Board of Health Meeting May 4th
May 1, 2016 by
Board of Health
TOWN OF HUNTINGTON
BOARD OF HEALTH
24 Russell Road – Rte 20
P.O. Box 433
(413) 667-3511 Huntington, MA 01050 FAX (413) 667-3511
May 4, 2016
Meeting will begin promptly at 6:00 p.m.
6:00 Call Meeting to Order
6:10 review of any bids received for landfill inspection
6:30 discussion of mattresses dumped in town
6:45 follow up of 20 Blandford Hill Rd.
7:00 bonding for drilling and blasting of wells
7:10 needle exchange program
A PORTION OF THIS MEETING MAY BE HELD IN EXECUTIVE SESSION AS OUTLINED UNDER MGL Chapter 30A, Section 21
Tues. May 3, 2016 Planning Board Meeting 7 pm at Town Hall
Call to Order
Approve Minutes of Previous Meeting(s)
New Business: Discuss Wholesale Car Dealer Special Permit Application in former Smith Sled’s Shop location and wording of recommendation
Old Business: Approve revised Goss Hill Road Easement Acceptance as a Public Way Recommendation
Discuss 2015 Gravel Pit inspections
Other Business: Discuss any potential projects the board should attempt to find time for in 2016 and draft a prioritized “wish list”.
What projects would the board prefer to enlist “free” technical assistance from PVPC on?
Determine May 2016 meeting schedule.
Next Regular Meeting May 18, 2016?
A PORTION OF THIS MEETING MAY BE HELD IN EXECUTIVE SESSION AS OUTLINED UNDER M.G.L. CHAPTER 30A, SECTION 21.
Public Forum Agenda – May 4, 2016
April 29, 2016 by
PUBLIC FORUM AGENDA
May 4, 2016 @ 6:00 – 7:00 pm
Location: Stanton Hall
26 Russell Road, Huntington, MA 01050
6:00 Call meeting to order, welcome, and introduction
6:05 GENERAL UPDATES AND REVIEW:
• Status of Lawsuit
• FY2017 Town Operational Budget
• FY2017 GRSD Budget Request
6:15 *JUNE 6, 2016 TOWN MEETING ARTICLE REVIEW:
• Articles 2 – 6, Boiler Plate Articles
• Articles 7 – 10, GRSD Assessments to the Town
• Articles 11 – 12, Vocational Education and Transportation
• Article 13, Employee COLA Increases
• Article 14, Town Budget
• Article 15, Police Dept. request to transfer $15,000 to upgrade records management software
• Article 16, Street Acceptance Plan for Goss Hill easement
• Article 17, Petition State to grant Town additional Section 15 Liquor License
• Article 18, Home Rule Petition Regarding Group Health Insurance for Eligible Employees and Retirees (MGL Chapter 32B)
• Article 19, Request by Council on Aging to decrease voting members from nine to five, and request two alternate members
*Please note: Article numbers may change.
6:40 Questions and Answers
Selectboard Agenda – May 4, 2016
April 29, 2016 by
HUNTINGTON TOWN HALL
Regular Selectboard Meeting
Wednesday; May 4, 2016
I. Call meeting to order
II. Acceptance of minutes
III. Town Business
A. Sign Warrants
B. Appointment of Town Board Members
C. Discuss prior week’s events
D. Important dates
E. Old and new business
Approve Minutes: April 6, April 20, April 27, 2016
Tax Title Property/ 8 Stanton Ave./Auction or RFP
Free Cash Articles
Review FY2017 Re-Appointment List
Ambulance Services Update (tentative)
Electrical Quote to Install CAD.5 Cables
First Responders Proclamation
Town Hall Clock and Window Repairs
School Committee Meeting, May 11@ 7:30
Next Selectboard Meeting is May18, 2016
ATM/STM Warrant Review is May 18th
Town Elections are May 21st
IV. Scheduled Appointments
5:15 – 5:45 Goss Hill Easement Discussion
Selectboard to Consider Accepting a Portion of Goss Hill as a Town Way
6:00- 7:00 PUBLIC FORUM IN STANTON HALL (26 Russell Road)
Review Budgets and Warrant Article Submissions for ATM
(Meeting location unless otherwise noted) Town Hall, Selectboard Office, 24 Russell Road, Route 20, Huntington, MA 01050
A PORTION OF THIS MEETING MAY BE HELD IN EXECUTIVE SESSION AS OUTLINED UNDER M.G.L. CH. 30A, S.21
The Huntington Historical Commission will meet in the Town Hall, Tuesday, May 3, 2016, at 7:00 pm.
• Call meeting to order.
• Review and approve minutes from last meeting.
• Discussion: As the town is preparing it’s hazard mitigation plan, we should be helping to pinpoint the town’s historical buildings and landmarks.
• Discuss findings on Holbrook Research Institute transcriptions of
Huntington historical archives.
• We will be considering any correspondence or permit requests received by the Huntington Historical Commission pertaining to the Demolition Delay Bylaw.
• Set agenda and date for June meeting.
Review any current mail and take care of prior issues
Discuss mailing of Survey and Monthly newsletters along with updating the mailing list
review how to record COA survey results – who and how
Review wording on changing of members for Annual Town Meeting
plan/organize future date to reorganize and clean out COA closet
Who will be able to attend the meeting in Russell on Friday
Plan for joint mailing of monthly newletter ????
Accept minutes of last meeting
Old business: report on Huntington Health Center; report on Goss Hill culverts
New business: Hazard Mitigation Plan public meetings May 11 & May 18
Other matters: travel reimbursement
Schedule next meeting
I. Call Meeting to order
II. New Business
Elect new Chairman
III. Scheduled Appointments
Special Permit Application for used car license to be located at 38 Russell Rd.
Discussion on year round license for YMCA camp at Norwich Lake
« old Posts
Stanton Hall Meeting 4/26/2016 – Town Hall Meeting Room – 7:45 PM
Call Meeting to Order
Review and approve Meeting Minutes
Stanton Hall 2016 Expense Review
Review and discuss up keep of floors at Town Hall and Santon Hall.
O’Brien Flooring Annual Maintenance of hardwood Floors in Town Hall and Stanton Hall.
Follow up Action Items
Next Scheduled Stanton Hall Meeting – May 16, 2016.
A PORTION OF THIS MEETING MAY BE HELD IN EXECUTIVE SESSION AS OUTLINED UNDER M.G.L. Chapter 30A, Section 21.